Getting a great live sound from an amplified acoustic has been a problem plaguing guitarists for years. In this edition of Tone Tips, I’ll show you how to get a great sound from your acoustic pickup, preamp, and outboard effects. I’ll demonstrate how to use EQ, Reverb and other dynamic processing to enhance your “plugged in” acoustic tone.
For the video, I’m using a Martin 0015sm equipped with an L.R. Baggs Anthem pickup and preamp system. I’m using the Align Series effects from L.R. Baggs for tone shaping, EQ, and Reverb.
The goal of this video is to really show you that there are many options for tweaking your live sound. Important topics like phase and notch filtering will be covered here too. Enjoy!
Gear in this Video Lesson:
– Martin 000-15SM Acoustic
– L.R. Baggs ANTHEM Pickup: https://amzn.to/2J0sQLA
– L.R. Baggs Align Session: https://amzn.to/2voXo82
– L.R. Baggs Align Reverb: https://amzn.to/2H4OgLf
– L.R. Baggs Align Equalizer: https://amzn.to/2EPpBnV
– L.R. Baggs Align Active DI: https://amzn.to/2qCCwEl