Playing good rhythm guitar is a must if you ever want to be a part of a band. It isn’t as sexy as the lead guitar, but it’s an essential component of any great song. Learning rhythm guitar is a great place to start as it will give you a solid foundation in basic chords and develop your ability to break a song down into its components.
We’ve put together a list of 12 songs that are going to build up your rhythm guitar chops, and we’ve even thrown in the tabs. Practice these, and if you need a little boost be sure to check out Laurence Juber’s Guitaristics: Rhythm.
1. Paradise City – Guns n’ Roses
2. Smoke on the Water – Deep Purple
3. Sister Morphine – Rolling Stones
4. Black Betty – Ram Jam
5. I Hate Myself for Loving You – Joan Jett
6. The Only Exception – Paramore
7. Pinball Wizard – The Who
8. Into the Void – Black Sabbath
9. Back in Black – AC/DC
10. Revolution – The Beatles
11. Blister in the Sun – Violent Femmes
12. You Really Got Me – The Kinks
Now it’s time to get to practicing. If you want to learn Rhythm Guitar from Wings’ guitarist Laurence Juber, be sure to pre-order Guitaristics: Rhythm now to get 25% off with promo code JUBER25. Check out the intro below to see what you’re in for: